WASHINGTON, D.C.– U.S. Representative Austin Scott (GA-08) today voted in favor of H.R. 2, the Secure the Border Act, which passed the House of Representatives by a vote of 219-213.
“Over 5 million illegal immigrants have crossed the border since Biden took office, creating tremendous fiscal challenges,” Scott said. “Biden is giving them education, housing, and transportation, which are free to them but not to us. American taxpayers are paying for all of these things at the federal, state, and local levels. This simply must be stopped.”
H.R. 2 would implement strong policies to secure our nation’s borders and combat illegal immigration.
Common sense measures taken by H.R. 2 include:
- Resuming the border wall construction,
- Improving the asylum system,
- Reducing incentives for illegal immigration,
- Bolstering border patrol staffing,
- Addressing patrol agent retention,
- Investing in border-monitoring technology,
- Demanding transparency from the Department of Homeland Services,
- And supporting local law enforcement.
The full text of H.R. 2 can be found here.