By Carol A. Gasser Moore
LAKELAND, GEORGIA – Geoff Hardy, SGMC Campus Administrator-Lanier has announced new updated visitor guidelines for those visiting the SGMC-Lanier campus effective as of March 20.
“SGMC Lanier Campus is taking additional steps to protect patients, family members, staff and the community from the transmission and community spread of the COVID-19 corona-virus,” stated the notification that Hardy provided the Lanier County News staff.
According to the notice, the protocol that visitors can expect when they arrive is that they should enter the building through the main lobby Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. On Saturday and Sundays, visitors can enter at the same location from 9:00-11:00 a.m. and again from 5:00-7:00 p.m.
Visitors can expect to receive a temperature screening and be asked the following questions: Do you have respiratory symptoms such as cough or shortness of breath? Have you been in contact with someone known or suspected to have COVID-19 within the last 14 days? Visitors with a temperature of 100.0 degrees or above or answer “yes” to any of the listed question will not be allowed to visit.
Hardy’s sign further advises:
- We will conduct a brief screening of every visitor
- Vistors will receive a visitor authorization badge
- Visitors must use hand sanitizer upon entering and exiting the hospital and patient rooms
- No visitors under the age of 18
- No more than two visitors per patient, and no overnight stays
- Emergency Department: NO visitors in patient rooms, waiting areas only.
- SGMC Lakeland Villa: NO visitors
- Visitor exceptions may be granted in special circumstances.
For your safety and the safety of others, do not enter the building if you are feeling sick unless you are seeking medical care.