Affected Area Lanier County Description
…HURRICANE WARNING IN EFFECT… A Hurricane Warning means hurricane-force winds are expected somewhere within this area within the next 36 hours
LOCATIONS AFFECTED – Lakeland
WIND – LATEST LOCAL FORECAST: Tropical storm force winds remain possible – Peak Wind Forecast: 15-25 mph with gusts to 45 mph
– THREAT TO LIFE AND PROPERTY THAT INCLUDES TYPICAL FORECAST UNCERTAINTY IN TRACK, SIZE AND INTENSITY: Potential for wind 74 to 110 mph
– The wind threat has increased from the previous assessment.
– PLAN: Plan for life-threatening wind of equivalent CAT 1 or 2 hurricane force.
– PREPARE: Efforts to protect life and property should now be rigorously underway. Prepare for considerable wind damage.
– ACT: Act now to complete preparations before the wind becomes hazardous.
– POTENTIAL IMPACTS: Extensive
– Considerable roof damage to sturdy buildings, with some having window, door, and garage door failures leading to structural damage. Mobile homes severely damaged, with some destroyed. Damage accentuated by airborne projectiles. Locations may be uninhabitable for weeks.
– Many large trees snapped or uprooted along with fences and roadway signs blown over.
– Some roads impassable from large debris, and more within urban or heavily wooded places. Several bridges, causeways, and access routes impassable.
– Large areas with power and communications outages.
FLOODING RAIN – LATEST LOCAL FORECAST: – Peak Rainfall Amounts: Additional 3-6 inches, with locally higher amounts
– THREAT TO LIFE AND PROPERTY THAT INCLUDES TYPICAL FORECAST UNCERTAINTY IN TRACK, SIZE AND INTENSITY: Potential for major flooding rain
– The flooding rain threat has remained nearly steady from the previous assessment.
– PLAN: Emergency plans should include the potential for major flooding from heavy rain. Evacuations and rescues are likely.
– PREPARE: Strongly consider protective actions, especially if you are in an area vulnerable to flooding.
– ACT: Heed any flood watches and warnings. Failure to take action will likely result in serious injury or loss of life.
TORNADO – LATEST LOCAL FORECAST: – Situation is somewhat favorable for tornadoes