If you are a landowner or land manager in Georgia and would like to learn more about how prescribed fire can benefit your property, be sure to sign up to attend one of two upcoming “Learn & Burn: Prescribed Fire Workshops.”
Workshops include these opportunities:
- Participate in a live burn.
- Learn burn techniques you can use on your land.
- Learn about plans, smoke management, fire weather, burn permits, liability laws, and financial resources.
- Use a drip torch and other tools.
- Be able to ask questions of experienced professionals.
The workshop cost per person is $15 and includes lunch.
- Learn & Burn: Prescribed Fire Workshop (Moody Forest WMA) March 3, 2023: Registration Deadline is Feb. 17, 2023. Register for Workshop Here.
- Learn & Burn: Prescribed Fire Workshop (Di-Lane WMA) March 17, 2023: Registration Deadline is Mar. 3, 2023. Register for Workshop Here.
These workshops are brought to you by the following organizations: Georgia DNR Wildlife Resources Division, The Nature Conservancy, The Longleaf Alliance, Seven Rivers RC & D Council, USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service, Georgia Forestry Commission, UGA Warnell School of Forestry and Natural Resources.
Questions about the workshops? Call or email Susan French (813-391-4476 or email@example.com).