Skip to content

Georgia DOT awards nearly $1.84 billion in FY 2021, includes more than $153 million in construction contracts in June 

GEORGIA – In Fiscal Year 2021, the Georgia Department of Transportation (Georgia DOT) awarded a total of 416 projects valued at approximately $1.839 billion. This includes 385 Georgia DOT let projects valued at approximately $1.77 billion. The remaining 31 projects, worth approximately $69.4 million, were locally let.The 416 awarded projects for FY 2021 by project type include:

  • 186 maintenance projects, accounting for 45 percent of the awarded projects.
  • 103 safety projects, accounting for 25 percent of the awarded projects.
  • The remaining 30 percent include 75 bridge projects, 31 road projects and 21 enhancement projects.

FY 2021 began on July 1, 2020, and ended on June 30, 2021.

In June, the last month of FY 2021, 49 construction contracts were awarded for statewide transportation projects totaling $153,221,882. One of these projects, to widen and reconstruct 6.072 miles of SR 23/SR57 from Bubba Kennedy Road to SR 169 to add passing lanes in Tattnall County, was a TIA let project awarded to McLendon Enterprises, Inc. To learn more about TIA, visit

The largest single investment, worth approximately $18 million, was awarded to ALS of North Carolina, Inc. This safety project will replace overhead and mounted signs along I-75 from SR 215 in Dooly County to CS 636/Bill Gardner Parkway in Henry County.

The second largest contract, worth approximately $11.787 million, was awarded to Pittman Construction Company to construct two bridges and approaches on I-85 over Indian Creek in Franklin County. This project will be 0.795 miles in length.

This contract, along with 11 other bridge construction contracts, represents 38 percent or approximately $58 million of the awarded funds. The remaining 62 percent, or approximately $95 million, is allotted for widening and reconstruction, safety and resurfacing projects at various locations throughout the state. Safety contracts include roundabout construction, railroad warning system upgrades, construction of a retaining wall and signing and pavement marking upgrades at various locations statewide.

A Design-Build project was awarded to E.R. Snell Contractor/ WSP USA, Inc in the month of June. The project consists of widening approximately 13 miles of I-85 by adding one travel lane in each direction between US 129/SR 11 and US 441/SR 15. To learn more about this project, please visit:

Award Announcement list (includes rejected and or deferred projects). Bids for Design-Bid-Build projects were received on June 18, and contracts were awarded to the lowest qualified bidders on July 2.

Supplemental Award Announcement (includes previously deferred projects that have now
been let).

Information on schedules, lane closures and detours will be available in advance of construction activities taking place.

Contractors and consultants, including Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBEs), registered small businesses and veteran-owned small businesses interested in bidding on projects or performing work must prequalify with Georgia DOT. To learn more, please visit

Georgia Department of Transportation plans, constructs and maintains Georgia’s state and federal highways. We’re involved in bridge, waterway, public transit, rail, general aviation, bike and pedestrian programs. And we help local governments maintain their roads. Georgia DOT and its nearly 4,000 employees are committed to delivering a transportation system focused on innovation, safety, sustainability and mobility. The Department’s vision is to boost Georgia’s competitiveness through leadership in transportation

Leave a Comment